How To Apply For A Student Visa Permit In Canada?
Canada is one of the most favored destinations when it comes to student Immigration. In order to study in Canada, you need a student visa permit. It is always a good idea to have information beforehand and decide your field of study before applying for a student visa in Canada. Most of the Canadian colleges accept students for their semesters starting in September, January or May. A foreign national cannot apply for a study permit without an acceptance letter. The parties need to be fully prepared.
Here are the criteria to keep in mind before getting your student visa approved:
- Acceptance Letter: The student needs an acceptance letter from a Designated Learning Institution ( DLI ) in order to apply for a student permit.
- Proof of Financial Support: You must also provide full paperwork proving that you have adequate funds to cover the cost of tuition fees for one year of study and also including the cost of living (housing, food, etc.) for yourself and any accompanying family members for your first year of study. These funds can be under your name, name of a family member or a close fund.
- Supporting Documentation: The Canadian visa requires extensive supporting documentation must be submitted with all study permit applications. The documentation requirement varies from country-to-country. You can also check the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website in order to determine the paperwork requirements pertaining to your location.
Requirements while studying in Canada For International Students
After your student visa has been approved, the student also has to keep up with some requirements in order to maintain their student permit.
Continue being enrolled in a Designated Learning Institution (DLI)
To ensure making progress in the Program that you are enrolled in.
Respect any conditions that are listed on their study permit
If the candidate no longer meet requirements, they need to cease their study
Leave Canada if their permit expires.
There are four stages on a student’s journey to obtain a student permit in Canada:
- Check your eligibility: Make sure that you meet the eligibility requirements for your student permit. First and foremost, you need an acceptance letter from a DLI, proof of financial support, additional documents depending on your country of residence or citizenship.
- Prepare your application : This is an important step and must be followed diligently. In order to make sure you meet all requirements, you need a qualified immigration lawyer to review your application before submitting.
- Submit your study permit application After doing your due diligence, you need to submit your application.
- Submit an electronic application: Create an account on the website for Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) where you can submit the documents electronically.
- Submit a paper-based application: You also have an option to compile your application in hard copy and mail it to the Visa Application Centre (VAC) assigned in your country.
- If your study permit is approved, come to Canada! You only receive your study permit on Canadian Port of Entry (POE). If your permit is approved, the Canadian government will issue you a Port of Entry Introduction etter. You must keep this letter and show it to the immigration official when you arrive in Canada in order to obtain your study permit.
Vaseba Immigration : Your route to Canada through consultants of Vaseba Immigration
The study permit you have to study in Canada and many other countries is not actually a visa. So ,in order to come to the POE in Canada, a travel visa is something which is really important for you to carry depending on your country of citizenship.
Visa Exempt Countries : There are few countries which are exempted from the visa list which makes it easier for people to directly come to the port of entry and can obtain their study permit and they need not to carry a visa to enter Canada. But still, you need to be sure of the rules in regards to Eta( Electronic Travel Authorization) before you actually travel to Canada.
Non- Visa Exempt Countries : Well, for the people who are traveling from countries which are under non visa exempt countries list need to have their visa with them. First you need to get your study permit approved then the visa officer will be issuing you a travel visa which will let you enter Canada.
The people who are staying legally in Canada may apply from within the country may get their visa after they get approval for their study permit .
Study Permit & VISA
Both the terms are completely different and so is the meaning. Study permit is a document which allows people from different countries to travel to Canada for the purpose of studying. Study permit isn’t a study visa. Visa is a completely different document which allows you to visit and travel Canada whereas any sort of permit document is bound to certain activities you may carry in Canada
Permit to study with exemptions:
Well, there are few foreign nationals which need not to have any kind of permit to study in Canada. Here are few common exemptions from the study permit:
Studies for a short term period: Any study program which has a duration of six months or less automatically enables the foreign national to travel Canada and study without any permit. But if the program exceeds 6 months, the student must secure a study permit before the tenure of first six month has finished.
Children who are minor : Children who are under the age of 18 or 19 ( as the age of minor varies in few province) need not to have a study permit to study in Canada for the purpose of completing their pre-school, primary or secondary school education but should meet one of the following conditions prescribed:
- Their parents work in or as members of Foreign Armed Forces.
- They (or parents) are refugees.
- Their parents are authorized to work or study in Canada.
Those who are a member of a foreign armed force and are posted for an active duty in Canada do not require a permit to study but yes, their family members may require a study permit.
If you have any sort of doubt in your mind whether you need to have a permit or not for studying in Canada then you can try completing our free student assessment after which one of our Counselors will contact you letting you know about all the options.
Certificate d’acceptation du Quebec (CAQ) :
For those who are interested in pursuing any educational program in Quebec must have Certificat d’acceptation du Quebec (CAQ) before applying for a study permit.
VASEBA: Your helping hand
There can be so many doubts and questions in your mind while you think of pursuing any course or program as an international student in Canada. We are here to assure you that Team Vaseba Immigration is here to help you to understand things better and in a very easy way.
There can be hundreds of questions and doubts in your mind regarding the schools, colleges, courses to pursue, study permit and stuff depending upon your country and belongings. Our educational counselors are here to provide you the right guidance so that there will be no stress or pressure over you. All the queries relating the documents you need and their submission and everything will be solved and all the options available will be told to you by our counselors very clearly.
For any help or queries, contact us today !!
At Vaseba Immigration we have a very strong community of students, professionals and advisors who know that your journey to Canadian land is important for you. We can can assess your early needs and also give you an estimate of the cost and resources that you need. We provide a proper support system as we value our student population and consider it is our duty to inform you with latest immigration laws, changes and demands in the education Industry. Once we have gotten in touch with a student for the visa process we take care of everything for your student profile to requirements and eligibility criteria. We work with some major educational institutions. We are there with you for your journey and provide external support. So our professionals are also great mentors for the students to ease your needs. Here are the types of student permits and student visas that we can assist you with to get started with our services :
We help you understand and identify your needs for the purpose of studying in Canada. A study permit is what helps you stay in Canada for a duration of your academic studies in the country. Here are the types of study permits also classified below :
SDS and NON SDS Streams
SDS – Student Direct System is a program that allows student visa permits to study in Canada under the designated learning institutions ( DLI). You go for the non SDS stream category if you do not meet the eligibility points for SDS.
The Designated Learning Institution is a school that is approved by the government or territorial state government to host International students in Canada.University.
We also offer you entry to Programs such as University Study permits that help you to stay in Canada for the purpose of studying in a recognized University in the area of your Study.
ESL based study permits
The students who take up an ESL language based program ( English As Second Language ) can get study permits to improve on language, grammar and knowledge base of English for the purpose of study. ESL visa study permit also allows you to work part time.
Study Permits & Extensions – Inside Canada
The students that are already studying in Canada can apply for study based extensions. We also help those on study visa who are looking to extend their stay in Canada to advance and further their studies.
We wish you a great journey moving to Canada with your academic and long term goals.You can know more about it on the FAQ’s page. You can also Contact Us on our contact page.