Canadian immigrants seek better employment opportunities. It is devastating for them to deal with work permit refusal. They can seek help from immigration consultants to know why their work permit is rejected by the Canadian authorities. The immigration consultants offer suggestions about alternatives after Canada visa refusal for work purposes. In this article, we have covered the eligibility criteria for obtaining a work permit in Canada. Also, you will know the reasons behind Canada’s work permit refusal.
Who is eligible to apply for a work permit in Canada?
When you apply for a work permit in Canada, you must check your eligibility status first. The prime reason behind the rejection of a visa for Canada is that applicants fail to meet the specific requirements.
Following are the requirements to immigrate to Canada with a work permit.
1. Candidates should prove to the Canadian authorities that they will leave Canada as soon as their work permit becomes outdated.
2. They should prove their capability to take care of the financial needs in Canada. They should be able to meet the basic requirements of themselves and their families.
3. They should not have a criminal history in their native land. It can be proved by submitting the police clearance certificate to the Canadian embassy. They must obey the rules and regulations mentioned by the Canadian government. Immigrants should not pose a threat to the safety of Canada.
4. Those applying for a visa should have sound health and, if necessary, undergo a medical test.
5. They must not work for a business recorded with the status “ineligible” on the rundown of managers who neglected to conform to the circumstances.
6. Candidates should not intend to work for an employer that frequently provides erotic massages, escort services, striptease, or erotic dance; and
7. They should provide any additional documents the officer requests to demonstrate their ability to enter the country.
The chances of visa rejection become very less if the immigrant can persuade the officer regarding his honesty toward a work permit in Canada.
Canada work permit refusal reasons
There are various reasons why officers refuse your work permit in Canada. The major reasons for rejecting the application are mentioned below.
1. You are unable to prove your worth to perform the work you were planning to establish in Canada.
2. based on your intention to visit Canada, the officer is not satisfied with your leaving the land at the termination of your stay. If the officer suspects you of causing a disturbance in the lives of Canadian citizens, they can refuse to give you a work permit.
3. It also gets rejected based on your family connections in Canada. If the officer finds that you have nobody to support you financially in Canada, they can reject your work permit.
4. Another reason for a work permit refusal depends on the status of immigration.
5. Based on travel history, the officers can reject your work permit from Canada. If they are not satisfied with your past visits to Canada, they can deny your work permit.
6. If the officer is not satisfied with your purpose for visiting Canada, he has the authority to refuse your application for the work permit.
7. Another reason for work permit refusal is that the officer is dissatisfied with your current employment status.
8. The most basic reason for work permit rejection is that the officer is not satisfied that you will leave your work in Canada after your visa terminates.
9. The officers can also reject your work permit if they feel that you’re not a suitable candidate to set up a business in Canada.
10. If you fail to present all the required documents to the officers, they are most likely to refuse your work permit.
Difference between Refused and Returned
Sometimes, the application for a work permit in Canada is not refused by the officers. However, they return the application to the applicants. It is important to understand why this happens.
Your application will be rejected if the visa officer assigned to your application finds that it fails to meet the basic requirements for the work permit you are applying for. Additionally, they may deny your application for criminal or medical reasons; in any case, this is an uncommon event. If your application is denied, you will typically not receive a refund for any government processing fees you paid.
On the other hand, if your application package is returned, it indicates that you did not provide adequate evidence of your eligibility. If the quota for the program you applied for was full when the immigration authorities received your file, you may also request that your application package be returned to you. You should be entitled to a reimbursement of the government processing fees you paid if your work permit application is rejected.
It is important to note that even if you are denied a work permit, you can still apply for permanent residency in Canada. The visa officer’s concerns that you will not leave Canada at the end of your Canadian status are the source of many temporary work permit refusals. An application for permanent residence is only that—permanent. They desire that you remain in Canada. As may be obvious, a work permit refusal doesn’t need to mean ruin for your arrangements to live in Canada.
The refusal of a work permit application is more complex than returning an application. If your visa was denied for medical or criminal reasons, you should talk to an experienced Canadian immigration lawyer for more information. You can still enter Canada if your work permit application was denied due to insufficient documentation; however, you will need to reevaluate your documentation. It is best to hire a Canadian immigration lawyer to help you fix any mistakes in your initial application.
If your work permit application was rejected because you didn’t have the necessary documents or you filled out the paperwork incorrectly, you can easily get it approved again by simply applying again. Keep in mind that a visa officer will seldom request additional evidence to support your case. They will either return or deny your work permit application. It is advised to carefully examine the requirements of the work permit you’re applying for and make sure your application exceeds or fulfills them.